“ Creativity is a state of mind ”
First we need to do something else. We need to pay 100$ to my bank account. Just kidding. We need to understand creativity. We can never learn how to be more creative if we don’t understand what creativity is. Creativity is crucial in our everyday lives, it can help us solve problems, think of inventions, make money etc. What is that? Creativity. We all know that it exists but none of us have seen it. It is god! Just kidding again. What that means is that we can only feel creativity or see it implemented in our creations. By this we get to realization that creativity is something like feeling, like happiness and that means that some kind of chemical reaction happens in our body when we get creative. The serotonin that our brain produces makes us feel happy but something needs to happen to trigger our brain to produce serotonin. So we ask ourselves do we feel happy because our body produces serotonin or our body produces serotonin because we feel happy. The both of those statements are true. It is the third player that moves all the others. That realization that a warm blanket is waiting for you at home, on a cold winter night. That ” I love you too ” from the person you love. That sound of your bat breaking of someone who you hate. Let’s not get away from the subject. My point is that something needs to happen to make you realize that you are happy. With creativity it’s all the same. Something needs to scratch that magic lamb so the creativity can be awakened. Something needs to put you in that creative state of mind because creativity is a state of mind. We will talk how to trigger and boost that state of mind. How to be more creative? Like happiness, for every person is different but there are always some ways that work for everyone.
- Change your perspective. Everything you see can be seen differently. Like an image of cube. You can see the cube pointing towards you or pointing away from you. See the objects you see from different angle.
- Awake the kid in you. There is a kid in all of us. A kid who doesn’t care about what others tell him that he can or can’t do. Wake up the kid that sleeps in you and forget about rules once in a while. Think outside the box.
- Find what inspires you. What makes you so concentrated that you forget the world around you? What is your muse? What is your passion? You should answer these questions and do all the things that are your answers.
- Take long walks. When you are walking there is nothing else you can do but think. Think on various of subjects that your mind is obsessed with. With long walks your mind opens and thinks on ideas and solutions that would have never entered your head.
- Doodle what you are thinking. By doodling the thoughts you have you make them material. Sometimes by looking your doodles you can realize a thought you had that was not that clearly visible in your head. Doodling also opens your thought flow.
- Eat a bar of chocolate. Chocolate is a happiness booster, of course if you are not a diabetic. It will make you happy and calm and you need to be calm so the quality thoughts can create in your head.
- Listen to music you enjoy. It will set your mind on thinking in a frequency that is produced by something you enjoy. When you have a mindset like that you will think on things that make you enjoy too and you will drink the water from your creativity well.
- Take deep breaths for 1 minute. You will get calmer than a monk. Well maybe not that calm but it will surely help your thought flow increase. You will have quality thoughts not that idea blocking, negative thoughts.
- Exercise outside. Only exercising, even inside can boost your creativity noticeably. Your blood flow to your brain is better and with that your brain functions better. That means more open mind, more ideas, more solutions.
- Brainstorm. Choose a subject and write everything that passes through your mind for 10 minutes based on that subject. We forget most of our ideas and thoughts and sometimes the ones that matter. With writing them down you don’t have to worry.
- Eat magic mushrooms. Just kidding, but who knows…
Creativity boosting can be made in a lot of ways, it is different for everyone. For someone long walks could be the key to opening that treasure of creativity. For someone the best results are achieved by doodling. You need to try and see what works the best for you. When you learn how to put yourself in that creative state of mind, your life will start being more magical. Creativity is something much more than just a great idea or something innovative. It can help you get rich, always have fun, solve problems, get the person that you love, find yourself, create art, etc. At least it can help you get the best presents for birthdays. Remember, creativity is like a muscle, you need to work it out to build it. It is a feeling you can train yourself how to feel. It is a state of mind you can put yourself into. Now my good people, go and dive into the well of creativity while I eat some mushrooms.